An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Friday, February 5, 2010

We become silouettes when our bodies finally go.

Oh Friday, I'm so glad you are finally here. What a long week - it feels like I've been waiting for Saturday forever. Working Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday for the past two weeks has been a struggle. I mean, it's nice to have every other day off, but at the same time, I miss having two days off in a row. A lot. Working every other day makes the week drag on. At least I'm not closing tonight (I'll probably be there til 11pm) and I'm off tomorrow. Woo!

Today was pay-day. We had to run out early this morning to pay OSAP, credit card bill (which is now paid off completely!) and two Rogers bills. I hate how that's well over $200 gone and there's nothing to show for it. Do I have a nice new coat, or jeans, or... anything? Nope. We have my debt (slowly) going down and cable, internet and a cell phone. I guess that's something, but it doesn't feel like it. Bah.

Tomorrow morning I have a dress fitting for a bridesmaid dress for a wedding I'm in, in about a month from now. I'm going with the bride - we both just need hemming, I think. Funny story about this: when I went to try on dresses with the bride and another bridesmaid back in September (?), the lady at the bridal shop tried to get me to order a size 8, even though my wedding dress was a six and I'd worn it like three weeks previous to that. She so wanted me to have to pay extra to have it taken in. I told her no, I need a six ordered. So now I only have to pay $25 for a hem, instead of way more ot have it taken in, for no reason. Stupid bridal shops.

After the dress fitting, Paul and I are heading out to get our shopping done. Real groceries, a trip to Future Shop (to pre-order Bioshock 2, and get Paul's XBox Live membership), and then to Walmart for the rest of my list of stuff, from my last post. And tomorrow evening will consist of me and my stand mixer making these Oreo mini cheesecakes and some dips, as we are having friends over to hang out and watch a movie. I'm killer excited.

Now I'm off to take the dogs out for a W-A-L-K, check the mail and then do some more unpacking. The living room looks a lot less like a storage facility now. Finally. More pictures to come once it's all cleared out and set up how we want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment