An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm sweating out excuses that would make your stomach turn.

Holy snow. Seriously, yesterday it was +4 and beautiful out, and our snow was practically all melting. Today, bam! SO much snow. And it's not stopping. I'm not exactly complaining. It feels like winter, it looks like winter and I like that.

I went out and shovelled the driveway (for the first time!) while Paul was getting ready for work. I figured, I'd already packed his lunch, made coffee and I have winter boots (he doesn't). So it took me about 20 mins and I had it all nice and cleared. Then, five minutes later when Paul left for work, it had already all filled in with snow again. I might do it again in a bit. Here's what it looked like right after Paul left for work.



I decided to try on Ruby's snow suit that was given to me by an old neighbour when we lived in the apartment. It was brand new but didn't fit her dog. It didn't fit Ruby then, either (it was too big). Now, oh, look, it fits her.



Which means she's grown and gotten fatter in the last six months. Ha, we already knew that. She didn't exactly like having it on, but when I sent her outside to try it out, I think she appreciated it.



She didn't want to stay outside long, though.



Onto my photo update:

On Thursday (I think), I walked across the street to Sobey's and got what I needed to make Taco Salad for dinner that night, and Rice Krispie Squares for dessert. And here are final results:


Taco salad, made with Veggie Ground Round, taco seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, taco chips.


Chocolate Rice Krispy Squares with chocolate chips (after three had been eating, apparently).


Hmm, what else? Oh, I decided to bring back one of my nostril piercings... I think it totally needed a comeback. Since I stopped wearing jewelry in my lip piercings, and I only wear a retainer in my septum piercings, my face was feeling a bit empty with only my cheek piercings.

So, the return of the nostril piercing.



I got both of my nostril pierced back when I was 19 (maybe 20?) when I was on vacation in Florida. I only ever wore studs in them and I loved them, but at some point at least a year ago, I decided to stop wearing them. Well, a few days ago when I tried to put jewelry in, the hole was still open! Amazing.

On Saturday night we went out for dinner for a friend's birthday (our wedding photographer, actually) and then we headed to a house warming party for our friends who moved the same day we did (the guy was one of our ushers at the wedding). This got me thinking about whether we should have a house warming party or not. Then it was decided - yes, we should. We are going to wait until March 20th, because the 13th is our friends' wedding reception and any sooner than that is... too soon? We still have unpacking to do, plus more decoration and pictures to hang, and so on. But we are pretty excited about it. If all (or most) of this snow goes away before then, we plan on picking up this amazing fire pit from Walmart:



And so, we will have snacks and drinks inside and then a fire in the backyard once it's dark. I'm SO excited.

Okay, I'm off to get to work on my list for my days off (today and tomorrow). Included is laundry, vacuuming, shoveling again, unpacking a bit and maybe taking the dogs for a walk, depending if the snow calms down. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment