An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Because, I know you care about my on-going lists...

Lists control my life. It's not really out-of-control, but I do love making lists. They keep me on track of life. I also love writing on the calendar - that might be an addiction. Today I wrote "take out garbage" on all of the mondays for this month. Is that weird?

My list here for today is my Saturday shopping list. It's in my blackberry too, but I feel good about writing it out here. Also, I'll add pictures just for fun. Paul found out that he also gets paid this Friday, plus we should be getting the deposit back from the co-op soon-ish, so I'm okay with spending a bit this weekend on things we need for the house.

- White board markers for said calendar, since I have worn out the old ones, shown here:


- Febreeze with pet odour eliminator:


- Scrubbing Bubbles toilet stickies, to keep the toilets smelling nice:


- Airwick Freshmatic refill:


- New shower curtain, since our current one is ripped and I've had it for four years. I love this one from Linens 'N Things, but we no longer have one here. *sad face*


- New clothes hamper for the bedroom. Our current one will head downstairs to the bottom of the basement stairs, so we can throw dirty socks and such down there. I am in love with this hamper from Walmart. Pre-sorting makes me happy!


- A new vacuum, since mine is mostly for hard surfaces and doesn't work well on carpet. We have lots of carpet in the house (the entire upstairs!) so I need a good vacuum. This is the one I'm getting, though it's $150 so we can't afford it for awhile. It's a Bissell Pet hair remover:


Now, things that aren't exactly for the house, but stuff we still need to pick up this weekend (funny enough, they are all dog-related):

- Kong toys for the dogs, for when they are in their crates while we're at work. I'll fill them with treats covered in peanut butter, and they can lick and chew as much as their little hearts desire!



- A new leash for Olivia, because the clip is broken on hers.

- New food bowls for both of the dogs. Their are boring and we need ones with rubber on the bottom so they can't move them around.


Whew. That was alot of picure-looking-up and uploading. Now aren't you glad you have a visual of my shopping list? I thought so.

5 comments:

  1. Uh, so I love your list, because it reminds me of things I need to get too.

    andplusalso, I have a dry erase calendar as well, and I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to it. I've already drawn a big heart with the red marker around February 14th. cheesy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::blush:: I did the whole calender thing before. Every single day had "scoop litter box" and all the other days had things like "take out trash" "do laundry" "check the mail" I'm organized like that...

    We just got rid of our Bissell because it died on us. My niece had a Bissell and it did the same thing. We bought a Dirt Devil at Target for $50 and it works better than our Bissell ever worked. Just food for thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for us being similar in that we are addicted to lists. :P

    And Shannon, thanks for the heads up about the Bissell. I'll re-think it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we just bought the Shark vacuum. it has a special attachment to use on furniture to get rid of pet hair. I believe it was about $150. it works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. katie loves lists. and laura :) and paul... and pets too <3

    ReplyDelete