An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sitting, waiting, wishing.

My stomach is growling, and what's worse is that I know exactly what I'm making for dinner. And it's going to be delicious. But I'm a good wife and I am waiting to hear from Paul about when he's leaving work so I can have dinner ready for when he gets home. I don't like eating alone, anyway.

I'm making what my mom calls "Chili Mac", but instead of ground beef, I use veggie ground round. I add pasta, garlic tomatoe sauce, onion, some other spices and heat it in a pan (tonight, one of my brand new non-stick pans from Christmas). We eat it with garlic bread and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. I'm glad Paul loves it as much as I do, since he's a meat-eater. Oh, just typing about dinner is making me drool. *wipes mouth*

For my mom, I'm posting more pictures of the new house. Here's how the kitchen looks now (still far from how we want it):



And here's the full living room (yes, still lots of stuff to put away):



Annnnd finally here is the sitting area and Paul's soon-to-be drawing area, up close:






I did hours of unpacking and organizing today, and the main floor doesn't look much different. What a horrible feeing. I look forward to having everything sorted and put away and less clutter, but for the time being, I'm content with everything new this house has given us:

1. I got to put out the garbage on the curb last night, and then I got to watch the garbage truck come and pick it up this afternoon.
2. I have a backyard. Even though it's not completely fenced, it's still better than going down three flights of stairs to take the dogs out to pee, especially in the winter
3. We have a garage for Paul's car. Today I moved the patio table and chairs and the lawn mower to the back of the garage so Paul could get his car in, for the first time, when he got home from work. He liked this.

The little things make me happy.

2 comments: