An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Look in my eyes, I'm jaded now.

I hate rushing out each afternoon to check the mail, and it's empty. Worse.feeling.ever. We are currently waiting for a few certain things and we'll be very happy - and be able to get Olivia's fixed - once these things arrive. I am not a big fan of Canada Post right now. I have been working on changing everything over from our old apartment to our new address this afternoon. This morning we went and checked the mail at the old apartment and there was tons of stuff - Rogers bills, credit card bill, OSAP statement, College Alumni thing and so on. So right away I called Rogers and got the address changed, went online to change the address for the credit card bill and OSAP stuff... and I'm working on the rest. So annoying.

I am also working on getting everything together so Paul's mom can get our income taxes done soon. I printed out my college tuition T4 today, and I got my OSAP interest one in the mail today. Just waiting on my work T4 and I should be good to go. I hope.

Now onto my picture update: Going back to this past Saturday night... we had friends over to watch a movie and Paul and I decided to try out our fondue set we recieved as a wedding gift, for the first time.



First, Paul digging in. And below, our setup - chocolate caramel fondue, marshmallows, strawberries and apples (and beer and wine).



Next, the pups were playing outside the other day, so I snapped some pictures:



Oh, and Skeletor decided to hang out with the empties, yesterday:



A few night ago, I randomly came across a recipes for Chocolate, Oreos and Strawberry Parfaits. I looked it over and realized that I had everything to make them. So, that evening, as a surprise dessert for Paul, I made these:



And, finally, I got this back from Paul's parents' house this weekend. It was our "signed frame" at the wedding, and we decided we'd keep it there until we moved, then put it up in the new house. Well here it is, living on the wall in our office, for now.

3 comments:

  1. haha, I love the look on Skeletor's face - "oh shit, she caught me!"

    also, I think you should come make me surprise desserts, because those parfaits look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make you surprise desserts and send them in the mail - but I think the surprise will be ruined in the travel... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm those parfaits look sooo good and so does the fondue set up. We got a fondue set for our wedding too but we haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete