An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Monday, December 28, 2009

We are ready, we are not ready.

We made it through Christmas Day (and more surprisingly, Boxing Day) without any major issues. Christmas Day was very nice and quiet, besides the craziness of four dogs at the In-laws house - our two, Paul's parent's dog and Paul's sister puppy.
Here's three of them, playing with new toys:



We spent a couple of hours opening gifts, taking breaks for snacks and coffee, then we just enjoyed each other's company for the rest of the afternoon. Paul and I took the pups home to eat and left them home before we went back for Christmas dinner - which was amazing.

Boxing Day was, well, insane. We woke up at 6am, left before 7am and by 10am we had ourselves a brand new 42" Panasonic Viera TV and Sony Bravia home theatre system. Great deals and leftover gift cards from the wedding and from Christmas = cheap new electronics for us! Sad part is that we won't get to experience these until we move in a month from now.

We (as in, a big group of our friends and Paul and I) went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie last night. First, I must say that Robert Downey Jr. is incredibly dreamy. Second, the movie rocked and I now look forward to the next one, even though I wasn't completely on board when Paul suggested the movie. Now, I'm glad we went. I loved it. And him.



Today consisted of more (alot more) packing and cleaning, and hanging out with my friend Nicole. I just realized now that I was so busy today that I haven't eaten yet, and it's damn near 6pm. Dinner as soon as I finish this. I have pretty much packed up the living room, besides the big things like TV stand, shelves and couches. I still have to tear down and pack up the Christmas tree, but I'll leave that til next week.

It's crazy hard to believe that we'll be far, far away on our late honeymoon/our friends' wedding in the Dominican in less than three weeks. We are ready - almost. We still need to figure out how the ten of us are getting to the airport at 4am that Saturday morning, as well as do the packing and last minute stuff. Thinking about it is making me all jittery and excited, since it'll be the last time I'll be drinking and being pretty much care-free. We are hoping to concieve any time after (or during) our trip. We both have babies on the brain.

I just remembered that my Nintendo DS is missing, and I'm heartbroken. Paul and I torn this apartment apart, searched high and low, on Christmas Day and, though I did get myself a wicked case of the sniffles and sneezes (as I'm allergic to dust), we didn't find my favourite handheld device. Booooo. :( I hope it turns up once we start unpacking at the new house.

Dinner time now, though I hate to wake the two snoozing pups laying on my lap at the moment. But my stomach is growling and those delicious seasoned potatoes are calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment