An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Shopping.Excursion.Successful.

Well, this morning Paul and I got up bright and early (well, it was bright, but not quite as early as I'd hoped) and headed out to do our weekend errands. First we hit the PetSmart to grab puppy food for Olivia - and found myself wishing I had brought the pups. Santa - though unrealistic looking, as he was thin and we could see his brown beard sticking out of the fake white beard - was sitting on a chair at the back of the store. There was a sign by him that said Pet Portraits with Santa and I would have loved to have Ruby and Olivia get their pictures taken with Santa, if only because the profits from the pictures went to the Humane Society, I believe. But we didn't bring the dogs because we had other running around to do.

We went for lunch next, me Subway and Paul KFC, then we were off to wait in line at Roger's to exchange our cable box, which totally crapped out early this week. We were third in line, but the two customers ahead of us apparently needed to tell their life stories to the guys working behind the Wireless counter - it took more than half an hour for it to be our turn. We were out of there within five minutes, once we made it to the counter.

Next we hit RCSS (Superstore) to grab a few items - deodorant, toilet paper, toothpaste - saw Santa again there (yes, Santa can be in two different places at the same time), then on to Winners to begin the search of Christmas Dress 2009. After a quick look, I knew I wouldn't find the dress there, but Paul drifted off to the manly section and I kept looking. He wandered back a few minutes later with a shirt he wanted to try on, so we headed to the back of the store to the dressing rooms. While he tried it on, I searched the shoe section, just for fun. And there they were - my new winter footwarmers (ie: boots).



I found these babies and tried them on and knew they were meant to be. They are called Warmbat (Unisex Gecko Grip) and they are wonderful. Warm sheepskin, waterproof and and good thick soles. Love them! And considering these were $40, and the winter boots I bought last year (that I hate, by the way, because my feet get soaked and they have no grib) from Boathouse were $80, I think I got a great deal!

Our last stop before heading home was M&M Meats, to finally put our gift certificate from the wedding to use. We grabbed two boxes of desserts - one nanaimo and one chocolately squares - and one box of appetizers. We'll bring some of these along to Christmas Eve dinner and leave some at home to snack on. Yum.

I headed to work next, while Paul hung out at home with the dogs. I don't care to discuss work at this point in time, but let's just say that those eight hours felt like 100 and I'm very glad to be off for the next three days.

Tomorrow will consist of a dog birthday party (not ours, but ours are attending), dinner at Montana's then hopefully going to a movie, if we can ever agree on one. My pick is Brothers but Paul vetoed that one. His pick is Avatar and I'm not interested in the slightest. So we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment