An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Friday, December 18, 2009

So. It's Friday.

But in Lauraland, it's only Thursday. My work schedule is off-the-wall outrageous (err, well, it's different) and I work Wednesday-Saturday, 5pm to 1am. Yes. Say it with me, gross. So while everyone in Mon-Fri, 9to5 world is getting off work soon for the glorious weekend, I still have tomorrow to (not) look forward. I don't like Fridays much.

Tomorrow morning promises my wonderful husband and I a fabulous trip to the mall (ugggh!) on the last Saturday before Christmas. Though we've been done our shopping for awhile now, I have last minute stuff to pick up - including puppy food, toilet paper and a new dress for Christmas Day, as well as desserts and appetizers which I have decided to bring to Christmas Eve dinner at Paul's aunt's house. I am tres excited.

And though Christmas is next week and we can't wait, we are both looking forward to it all being over with. Mostly so we can move on to what comes next. Countdown is on: 29 days until our trip to the Dominican and 43 days until Our Big Move.

While I will be posting daily Monday-Friday, our weekends are always alot of running around and not much Laura-laptop time. But we will see what happens. Now I'm off to adventure into the cold with the pups, then off to work in an hour or so.

2 comments:

  1. 1 - I'm so glad you started this blog. I love your writing and can't wait to follow you!

    2 - you're wearing a dress for Christmas? who are you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! And no I'm not wearing a dress for Christmas anymore - couldn't find a good one. I was going to though!

    ReplyDelete