An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The presents are packed up - we're ready to go.

It's Christmas Eve (duh!) and I slept in til 11am, then got up and packed up the presents from under the tree in our reusable grocery bags. Once Pauls comes running through the door around 4pm we will put the gifts in the car and head to his mom's house to drop of the presents for tomorrow. It's so strange to say that tomorrow is the day we have been building up to for so long - since I started our Christmas shopping in October this year. So while many people are out at the malls today pushing and shoving to get those special gifts for their loved ones, I'm home, laughing, because I've been done and ready for well over a week now.

Work last night was brutal, and I don't really want to talk about it. I'll just say that I didn't get home until 2am (usually I'm home by midnight on Wednesdays), and then I was wide awake and couldn't get to sleep until after 4am.

Now I'm watching A Christmas Carol - though I pretty horrible animated version. I recorded it with the PVR last night so I could have something to watch this afternoon. I might turn it off soon (yes, it's that bad) and put on Degrassi.

I can't help but think about next Christmas, when Paul and I are in our new house, with a real tree, and hopefully a baby in my belly. Everything will be so different then, in only a year from now. I remember being younger and thinking that growing up was going to make life less fun - yet now that I'm older I can't wait to "grow up", have our "own" house, a baby, and all of that. Not that I don't love our life now. We are very thankful for having a good place to live, wonderful family, awesome dogs, and "good" jobs. We have money and we can pay our bills and have an over-done Christmas once again. Life is good. Just saying I'll be extra happy once we have moved and start trying for a baby... :P

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas tomorrow and a wonderful holiday this weekend, filled with love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment