An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

When winter falls, next year I'll be holidng on.

Money sucks. I want it to be four weeks from now so that we can get back on track and not so far behind. I think it is strange to me because we have never actually been this tight on money before. But we've never had to put out $1400 to buy five appliances, and $300 more in rent than usual, all at once. And I'm missing next week of work, and... everything. It's really everything. I won't mention that Paul buying a new flat screen TV and home theatre system on boxing day didn't exactly help things. Oh, wait, ooops. I mentioned it.

I can't wait to get a new job. It doesn't really matter where or what I'm doing, as long as it's not a restaurant. And as long as I don't have to take out all my piercings. I'm going to apply at Starbucks. And Sobeys. And Blockbuster. These are all in a plaza right by our new house. So we'll see what happens. I just don't want to have to bus downtown to work - besides the fact that I am hating my job more and more every day. It's going to be glorious when I get out of there.

Once we are settled in at the new place, I have a new job and we have good money coming in, I am going to self publish my first novel. I'll be able to put it into an online database and possibly sell some copies there - then hopefully I'll be able to get it into book stores. It's quite costly to get a book self published - there's a company here that does it and it's like $700 for the cheaper option, $1300 for the platinum package. So I'll be saving for awhile - I might even give up my next tattoo money. It's just something I am really looking forward to doing, for myself. Eventually I have to start looking into jobs within journalism, as well. Hopefully I'll be able to at least do some freelance work.

I sort of hate how I'm always planning. Planning for next week (our trip), two weeks from now (our move), and then planning our future after that. Planning a baby, planning a new job, always, always planning. When do I get to relax, stop my mind was going a mile-a-minute, and take the days as they come? Maybe when I'm old, our kids are grown up, and we are retired? Bah - I guess I'll probably be planning for the rest of my life. I make lists, just to cross stuff off of it. It's just the way I am.

Here's some more pictures of Ruby, for my Ruby Tuesday post. Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. I think some of us are just planners. I know I am. We will be constantly planning for the rest of our lives, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. For me, it gives me something to look forward to. If I'm not planning, I feel like my life is on hold.

    Have fun in the Dominican, girl, and don't worry about anything while you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I feel the same way. If I'm not planning, I have nothing to look forward to.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete