An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Part two!

I want to go back to Dominican now, please.

It's really cold here today. I would love to go back to the Dominican weather. What alse I'm not a huge fan of currently? The bug bites that have appeared all over my feet and legs over the past two days. They are itchy as hell and I can't stop scratching! I need relief - and the anti-itch lotion that I have (which is long expired, by the way) isn't going to cut it.

What does make me want to stay in snowy Kitchener is the fact that we are moving in three days! I got the keys to the house this morning - Paul's going to go and start moving small stuff over tonight and tomorrow night. Saturday is the big stuff, with the truck. I am shaking right now because I'm so excited. Everything falling right into place. :D

Back to the part two Dominican post:

Sunday was our first full day at the resort. We spent the morning and afternoon in the pool, chillin' by the swim-up bar, only leaving for lunch. It was so relaxing. The sun was so hot and the drinks kept coming and we stayed in the pool until we were more pruney than ever before. The night was the bachelor/bachelorette parties. We had dinner together, then seperated for the evening. We ended up meeting up with the boys again at the karaoke bar around midnight. That was the first night we experiences the amazing 2am grilled cheese and chips, from the snack bar. So good.

Monday is kind of a blur - I know we spent most of the day at the pool, again. Throw in lunch at the buffet restaurant and a dip in the ocean and that was that. We also headed down to the beach to the shops that evening.



And the resort looked amazing that night:



Tuesday was the wedding. We got up early, headed down to the beach for awhile, then to play mini-put. We started getting at 1pm. The girls were in Nicole and Alex's room, the boys were down in Cookie and Ashley's room. Once we were ready, we went outside to take pictures (once the boys were gone down to the beach, of course).



The ceremony was at 4pm and was pretty short and sweet. Afterwards, we did lots of pictures on the beach, which are all beautiful. This is one of my favourites that I took:



After that, we went and waited for dinner, which was at 7pm. Well, we found out that our favourite bartender was working by the area we were waiting, and we started ordering Angel Specials... and after four each, we were all nice and buzzed, just in time for dinner. The dinner was delicious, I had vegetarian canneloni. Mmmmm.

____

Part three to come tomorrow... I am off to work again.

2 comments: