An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I've been waiting since birth to find a love, that would look and sound like a movie.

I was extra productive today, I think it made up for all my recent non-productive days. I'm hoping so, anyway. List of what I did today:

- took the dogs for a long-ish walk
- took the bus to the mall to meet my friend Nicole for lunch
- came home and did three huge loads of laundry
- folded and packed most of said laundry
- cleaned the stove really good
- packed another couple of boxes for the move
- packed more for Dominican, made lists of more to pack

And now I'm starving. Paul just got home from work, we have to go swing by his sister's place for a bit, then we'll come home and I'll make dinner, I suppose. Hopefully I can hold out for an hour to so.

Countdown to Dominican has entered single digits: today was 9 days! So crazy how soon that is, since we've pretty much been planning this since the beginning of the summer, or earlier.

We are going to see our new house this Saturday - to look at a patio furniture set that the lady asked if we want to buy from her - and check out the house again, since we've only seen it once. Paul is already looking forward to seeing where he can set up his new TV, how we can set up the bedroom, office, and so on. Secretly, I'm looking forward to that as well. Also on Saturday we have to get last minute stuff for the trip, go to the bank to put in my cheque/get American money, and then I have to work. Busy day!

I miss people alot these days. Namely, my mom. And Katie. Why do the people I'm closest with (besides Paul) have to be SO far away? My mom's coming here shortly after we move to see the new place and stay for a couple of nights, but I probably won't see Katie again til the summer time :( I guess I was soooo spoiled in 2009, since I saw my mom and Katie and Jen and my brother and my sister a whole bunch of times. Paul and I were in Thunder Bay in May, then everyone was down here in August for the wedding, then we were back in Thunder Bay in December. 2010 won't bring my favourite people close to me quite as often. Maybe I'll try Katie's option (she suggested I get pregnant soon, so she has an excuse to come and see me, sooner!). Paul says we can start trying to get pregnant on my birthday (April 1st). And while I'd love to start trying sooner, I want to respect the way he looks at it. So, we shall see.

Off now to put the dogs to bed and go over to Paul's sister's place. Tomorrow = going for a walk with my friend Justin and his adorable English Bulldog. :D Also, work. Boo :(

No comments:

Post a Comment