An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Monday, January 4, 2010

God damn the black night, with all it's foul temptations.

All my dogs have been doing lately is fighting. They fight over chewies (rawhides), toys, Paul and I... anything. I think they are sick of living in this small apartment. I think they want their own space. Little do they know... soon (less than four weeks?!) they will have more space than they can probably imagine. Upstairs, main floor, basement, backyard! I can't wait to see what they think of the new house. Until then, I will deal with the sibling rivalry between my pups, and keep my mind on the bigger picture - moving out of this apartment.

Tomorrow I'll continue with the packing, both for the move and for our trip in less than two weeks. I have the day off, so I'll also do the dishes and tidy up the living room, change the cat litter... all of the annoying tasks I do on my days off. I really wish I could just stay in bed all day. Or just work on my story all day. But my days off are not my own to enjoy - and I am okay with that. There's stuff to and I'll get it done.

Last night we watched My Sister's Keeper - the second time for me, first time for Paul. He really liked it (he gets all sappy about movies like that), and he didn't know the story like I did, from reading the book. I love the story, it's so real and emotional. I can only hope to one day write a story as amazing as hers.

It's after 2am again, it seems this is the time I feel like sitting down to blog. After work, after my shower, my dogs are relaxing and Paul is watching TV - I am in my own little world on my laptop, typing away. We've been staying up real late these day, usually until close to 4am. Then we get up at 11am, Paul goes off to work and I get started on my tasks for the day.

I just finished looking at the website for the resort we're going to in the Dominican, because Paul wanted me to look it up to see what kind of food there would be.

We are now one hundred times more excited. And I bet you are one hundred times more jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment