An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

If you left it up to me, everyday would be a holiday from real.

As my iPod charges up for our Saturday morning adventure, I am listening to some tunes and waiting for my husband to get home. I can't wait TV because we are PVR'ing two shows (Grey's and Ace of Cakes) and when you record two, you have to watch one of them. Well, Paul would have my head if I watched them without him. But I like waiting for him, anyway. I brought him home pizza from work and we will have a nice, relaxing evening - and I think I'll go to bed early. I barely slept last night... I have a head cold and my nose is plugged = hard to breathe when I'm laying down. I finally got to sleep around 4am and we were up before 9am this morning. Tonight I'll try to get seven hours, considering we aren't sleeping tomorrow night. Of course I'd get a bad cold three days before a week long vacation.

It's T-Minus 24 hours until we go over to Cookie and Ashley's place to "party". We will probably just have a couple beers and hang out until the limo picks us up to take us to the airport, at 1am. Can't believe it's finally here!

{ What else can't I believe? That close to half a million people were killed in the earthquake in Haiti a few days ago, and that another few million are injured and need help, fast. I was glad to hear that the president is stepping in to help - but I can't help but wonder if it will be enough. I had to close my eyes while some footage showed on the news today. There were hundreds of bodies just on the sides of the roads, covered, and... ahh. I don't like thinking about it. They are all in my prayers, that's for sure. }

I can't help but think that I've overpacked for the trip (well, I know I have). We will be there for one week - I packed six tops, four pairs of shorts, three summer dresses, three bathing suits and one long sleeved shirt. I packed Paul, too, and he has two bathing suits, two pairs of shorts, one pair of pants, three t-shirts and two jerseys. I also packed all of our underwears, beaters, pjs, shoes, books, cameras... ahh we are bringing alot of stuff. I feel like going back and unpacking some, but then I'll feel like I'm missing it once I'm there, I'm sure. Maybe I'll see what Paul thinks when he gets home. Wait, no. He'll definitely tell me to unpack some stuff. And it's not like my tank tops or shorts take up much space. It's better to have too much than not enough, right? Right.

Okay, well, I'm off for ten days. At least I'll be back next Sunday with tons of pictures and experiences to share! :D

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous you were able to go to DR! The pictures look great so far. :]

    ReplyDelete