An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Staring into the intersection, she thinks that she can fly.

I'm feeling really happy today. Usually, I get up, pack Paul's lunch and send him off to work, then lay around with the pups for awhile before I get my act together and start with housework, etc. Today, I sent Paul's off, then got an email. It was from the lady who currently lives in our new house. She said that Jan. 30th is good to do the move, and if they are out earlier, she will let us know. Also, she asked if we want her patio furniture! (She's selling us all five appliances, as well!) Now I can relax, breathe and get ready for our vacation!

On the same topic, Paul wants to pack himself. He doesn't do this well. He just throws things in the suitcase at the last minute and then get mad when we get wherever we're going, because he doesn't have something that he wants to wear. He doesn't make lists or pack strategically, like I do. Yesterday I made a list for him, and he said, "No, I'll pack myself, it's too soon to start packing anyway."

We are leaving in ten days!

I've already started packing clothes - dresses, underwear, shorts, tank tops - as well as sunscreen, bug spray, lotions... I hate leaving things til the last minute and I'd rather just have to pack a toothbrush and deodorant the day before we leave. We'll see what happens with Paul.

I'm realizing today how much I'm going to miss my dogs. We spend every morning and afternoon together, every day. We cuddle, we play, we go out for walks. They are pretty well behaved, other than the odd time that Ruby gets into something she shouldn't (like my coffee, today) or Olivia decides to try and play with the cats, who then beat her up. Right now, they are both laying beside me, Ruby to my left and Olivia to my right. I love them so much.

Now, I know I'll be on the beach, drinking it up at the swim-up bar, going scuba diving and eating at the fancy restaurants... I'm sure I won't spend too much time missing the pups. But now that I'm still home with them, I think about the fact that maybe they'll miss us. Well, they do get pretty spoiled at Paul's parents' house. They love it there. They might even forget Paul and I exsist (I sure hope not, though).

Since I missed yesterday's Ruby Tuesday post, here are some pictures of each of my girls, just because.



2 comments:

  1. sorry to break it to you, but you will definitely miss them, even while on the beach sipping fantastic tropical beverages. we missed our cats like crazy while we were away on our honeymoon!

    also, you're incredibly smart for packing now. I'm one of those last minute packers, but I'm also strategic in that I make a list consisting of clothes items, bathroom items, shoe items, and miscellaneous items. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a last minute packer, but so far I haven't had any, "Oh no! I forgot..." I usually pack the day before we leave, but I spend the whole day doing it so I manage to get it all.

    ReplyDelete