An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Well she never was the best at following the trends.

I haven't posted in a week or so - which is totally unlike me. Last week kind of sucked and flew by, as well. I'm glad that week is over and we can move on and start getting the house ready or the housewarming party this weekend!

Saturday was Cookie and Ashley's wedding reception. It was a long day, but everything turned out great and fun was had by all. I forgot my point-and-shoot, so I only had my Blackberry to take pictures with. But I managed to get a few good ones, including these two:





Now, as I tore apart the office and bedroom last night looking for the point-and-shoot, it appears to be lost. I was sure that I had changed the battery and put it somewhere "safe" to bring to the reception, but now it's missing. Crap.

Today is my only day off this week, until Saturday. I plan to clean the office, the bedroom and the kitchen today. I need to vacuum (I feel like I'm always vacuuming), dust, and mop the kitchen floor. I might put off the mopping, since I'll have to do it again before the party anyway. I also plan to get some of the food ready, since I won't have much time the rest of the week.

What I'm making:

Antijitos (a random picture from the internet, but mine look pretty similar)



Spinach Dip (and buying Pumpernickel bread)

Chocolate Chip cookies (with butterscotch bits)

Chocolate Cheesecake

Plus, we are getting a fruit and veggie tray and I'm going to make this broccoli dip.

Cross your fingers all the food I'm making turns out good, please.

Speaking of food, last night I decided to make a package of vanilla pudding I had in the cupboard, for dessert. I bought a box of Oreos on the weekend (for the above cheesecake) and realized I didn't need the whole box - so I crumbled some up and put them in the pudding. SO good and so simple.





To end this post (and just before I go take the pups for long walk on this beautiful day), I'll let you see a couple good pictures that I took of said pups. I told them they could have a treat if they sat nice for some pictures... so they are waiting, for their treats.







1 comment:

  1. I love your puppy pics! They are soo cute! All your food sounds very yummy, good luck, I'm sure it will turn out delish!

    ReplyDelete