An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard.

Today is a day for lists (as if not every day is a day for lists).

List 1 - What I learned about taking my dogs for long walks in our new neighbourhood:

- Ruby get tired out after half an hour, then wants me to pick her up
- Olivia pulls and jumps and barks at everything for the first ten minutes, then settles down and walks good
- Breaking a sweat while walking for an hour, wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip-flops is great, but in March? Weird.
- Both of the pups fall asleep for hours when we get back from a long walk, giving me time to myself to read, write or whatever
- Long walks in the spring are wonderful

List 2 - Things I can't find since we moved (but I know they are here somewhere):

- Paul's sanders (like, for sanding things). He wants to refinish these cool, old end table that his mom gave us, but the sanders are no where to be found. Guess we have to buy new ones.
- The sensor bar for my Wii. I refuge to buy a new one for $25 when I know that mine is here somewhere, but I really can't find it. But not being able to use the Wii for well over a month hasn't be fun. :(
- The double-leash extender for the dogs. I bought it a long time ago, thinking I would try it and see how it worked. It wasn't expensive. But it was amazing. Olivia loves to walk right beside Ruby and she doesn't pull or anything. I searched high and low for it yesterday. Of course I've been walking the dogs without it, but it's not the same.
- One of my fancy summer-y sandals, that I bought for a friend's wedding last year. I found one. The other is missing.

List 3 - Reasons I don't care (and don't like) that it' St. Patrick's Day:

- I'm not Irish
- I don't drink stupid amounts of alcohol and then puke and pass out, just to forget the whole thing the next day
- I don't really drink, at all (besides wine with dinner, sometimes)
- I have to work tonight. At an IRISH pub. I'm probably going to want to kill myself.

List 4 - Why I can't wait til this weekend:

- It's our housewarming party!
- I am very excited to make spinach dip for the first time, hummus (which I make all the time), cookies and cheesecake. The baking starts tommorrow!
- We love having friends over, and this Saturday we're having all our friends over at once.
- We are hopefully having a fire in the backyard for the first time!
- It'll be less than two weeks til my birthday!

Annnnnd List 5 - What I want for my birthday:

- A hug and kiss from my mom (I'm getting that in a week and a half!)
- The whole weekend off (don't think I'll get this)
- Get my ears cut to an inch and a quarter (Paul promised!)


Happy Wednesday-and-two-days-away-from-the-weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment