An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Monday, March 1, 2010

We looked like giants, in the back of my gray sub-compact.

I had such a wonky day on Monday. Getting up at 7:30am is really not my thing, but doing so after I worked until midnight Sunday night... not fun. I, of course, stayed up til 2:30am to spend time with Paul, and only got five hours of sleep, if that. I was on the bus by 8:30am and started work at 9am. At least I got in 8 hours of work, and was home again before six... that never happens. I was off yesterday, which was really all that mattered.

Yesterday was my baking day. It was so much fun. I just blasted my music and made super delicious sugar cookies, and coffee flavoured icing. I used my stand mixer (obviously) and my cookie press, that Paul bought me for Christmas.

My cookie press:





I made cookies in the shapes of hearts, flowers and... whatever that third one is. :P







I wasn't sure about the icing I made (it wasnt thickening) so I only iced a few cookies and put them in the fridge to see if it would get better. It ended up tasting really good, but still runny. Oh well.



In the end, after doing about five trays of cookies (I'll cut in the recipes in half next time), I ended up with over 60 cookies! I brought some for our friends to eat last night when they picked me up for climbing, and Paul ate a whole lot when he got home from work. I also put a bunch in his lunch for today.



~~~~~

I need a haircut so bad. I've needed one since the beginning of February, but aparantly a $60 haircut wasn't in the budget (though, we did have to put out $1500 for appliances before we moved in here...). Plus, my hairdresser changed salons in January and I finally tracked her down and made an appointment for this Saturday... following my final dress fitting for the bridesmaid dress. I wish tomrrow was Saturday. Three more days... three more days...

I'm pretty excited for my mom to come visit in one month. We are already planning an Ikea trip, and a visit to the Farmer's Market, amoung other things. I love when my mom's here. But four days is never enough :( I wish she lived here.

I am starting to make lists for the Housewarming Party, which is in 2.5 weeks! We got our fire pit for the backyard, some things for the downstairs bathroom and a new shower curtain for the upstairs bathroom. We need alot more before the house is ready for the party.

- New kitchen table that seats more than two (four, probably, I wish we could get one that seats six)
- Bedroom furniture (night stands, dresser, bed frame, all from Ikea)





- We need to put up the frames we bought last weekend
- Need to go grocery shopping for food-related stuff for the party

Ugh, off to work I go - only after going for a quick walk with the dogs and running over to Sobey's to buy bus tickets. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. cookie press is an amazing thing! i got one for christmas from my MIL...i love it<3

    ReplyDelete