An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours first.

I feel like I can't catch up. Just generally speaking, I mean. I can't catch up on sleep (today I feel like a coffee-drinking zombie), on housework (the kitchen is a disaster and the laundry needs to be put away)... and I don't think I'll ever catch up on posting on my blog.

On the plus side, the housewarming party went awesome. There was probably about 20 people here at one point, and almost everyone we invited showed up! We had drinks (me, mostly wine) and lots of good food and we loved having our friends together! We also had our very fire fire in the new firepit. It was a great night.

Some shots from the evening:









And here's a link to a youtube video that Paul's dad put together from pictures and video of the party.

I'm a little bummed that I didn't take the time to get pictures of all the food I made and how they turned out. The cookies were gone in minutes and once I pulled out the cheesecake, well, it didn't last long either. I'm going to have to make the cheesecake again so Paul and I can have more than a sliver of it. It was SO good.

Mmmm, chocolate and butterscotch chip cookies:



The countdown is on til my mom arrives, and I'm very excited, yet sad at the same time. I haven't seen her since the beginning of December, but a four-day (3 and a half, actually) visit isn't nearly long enough. She's arriving on Saturday, and we have full day planned which includes the Farmer's Market, Ikea and dinner at Mongolian Grill. Sunday we don't have anything planned, but I have to work in the evening. Monday will be just me and her all day - don't even care what we will do. And she leaves Tuesday evening. :( It's going to go by too fast.

The other sad part is that I never know when I'll see her again. It's only March and we might not even go to Thunder Bay this year... who knows. If I get pregnant this year, we won't go. But even if I don't, we won't be able to afford to go anyway. I miss my brother and my sister and my Katie and the girls. I want to see them without having to go to Thunder Bay. Wouldn't it be nice if I could just teleport them here to be with me?

I'm going to lay down as I now have a killer headache. I don't want to waste away my day off, but it's not unlikely that will happen. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. we miss you tooooo <3 teleporting would be nice! you'll see us in August though! It's not soon enough, but it's better than not at all right? the pictures are awesome! Wish we could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete