An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

So this is the New Year...

And to quote Death Cab, many years ago... "And I don't feel any different."

Well, except that it's definitely January weather outside. Today is *freezing*. Our snow is sticking around. It's winter, for sure. But this always happens in January, so I should not be surprised. Noah actually enjoys playing in the snow - he loves holding snowballs and throwing them. Next week I am planning on patting down some of the snow in the back yard (on the hill) and making a "slide", for Noah and Julia (the 6 year old I babysit after school). I'll probably go down it, too, I'm not going to lie.

I do plan on doing a few things differently in 2013, including blogging a lot more. I do regret not blogging/writing/reading much at all last year. Yes, I was busy. But there was always nap time. I do think that while nap time used to equal Facebook time,  now it will be my quiet time for reading  / writing. I'm very much looking forward to this. I really could stand to be on Facebook just a little bit less.

To force myself to stick with blogging regularly, I am now implementing some weekly posts. Perhaps Monday Montage? Tuesday Truths? Wednesday Reviews? Or Flashback Friday? I have tried these before and wasn't all that great and keeping up with them - but I'm hoping this year will be different. I'm going to attempt to do a couple each week to start. Today is Thursday and I can't come up with a clever Thursday theme... so today will be random. Ha.

Anyone out there that would like to recommend great books they've read recently, please do so in the comments! I'm always looking for new books to download for my Kobo reader.

Check in tomorrow - it will be Flashback Friday (a photo from sometimes over the past two year along with a photo from the current day). I'm considering also picking one random idea off -this- list to blog about on Fridays. What do you think?






2 comments:

  1. I really loved reading 'the bridges of madison county' :) and that aside, I just wanted to say Im so happy you're posting again!

    ReplyDelete