An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Flashback Friday

Here it is - my (late) Friday post. This one blew me away, actually. It's so hard to believe how big my boy is already. 18 months! I'm not sure how it's possible.

January 18th, 2012 and today, January 18th, 2013

I know, I know. This is something every Mom says. But it's just so true. A year ago he just sitting up on his own, drooling alot (no teeth yet) and chewing on everything. He wasn't even crawling yet! And now, man, he's a more like a kid than a baby. *Mind blown*

And now all I can think about is how my Mom must feel. I'm her baby and I'm almost 27 and have my own toddler. It must be so crazy for her. 

~~~

I'm so looking forward to this weekend where we have nothing planned. It seems like every weekend since the fall we've just had packed with things to do. Sure, we'll get groceries and do our usual errands... but we have no obligations and have no set times to do anything. I hope Noah sleeps in tomorrow (ha!) and we can be lazy around the house most of the day. I'm hoping to get some reading and writing in tomorrow as well. 

It's supposed to get darn cold next week (-20 C), so bundling Noah up for our afternoon walks doesn't sound fun anymore. At least I got snow pants for Christmas and I recently bought a neckwarmer - I might not look stylish but I will not be cold. Noah has two snowsuits but I am liking the one piece better. I know we haven't had much of a winter yet (besides a ton of snow that is already melted), so the worst is obviously yet to come. But I will keep reminding myself that thanks to Global Warming our Spring usually begin in March now. Sooo, only 1.5 more months of winter! 

Ugh... before I know it I'll be planning the 2nd birthday party. Less than six months away...


No comments:

Post a Comment