An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Monday, December 31, 2012

The final day of 2012...

And I'm drinking wine and sitting at my laptop, literally amazed at how fast this year has gone.

It feels like Noah was *just* born, and he's he's now almost a year and a half old. We just celebrated his second Christmas - though the first one he really got to enjoy. He had a great day, and made out like a bandit, of course. Spoiled boy.

Christmas morning 2012

But maybe I should go back to the beginning. This year was the year of Firsts, especially for Noah. He learned to crawl, then walk, then run. He went to Sauble Beach for the first time. He had his first birthday. Then he learned "no", but also to give kisses and hugs, which makes up for it. More recently, he started sleeping in his "big boy" twin size bed. *tears* He's getting so big. 

This year was amazing for me, as well. I had the first half of the year on Maternity leave, which ended in June. Thinking I was going to have to go back to work, it was a depressing time. But someone had a plan for us, for sure, and I was able to stay home with Noah, while babysitting a couple of friends' kids. It has been amazing to get to be with my boy every day. I have not missed any of his firsts, because of this. I am so blessed. 

I am so looking forward to 2013, for many reasons. But tonight, it's still 2012, if only for a few more hours. I am planning to eat ice cream and watch a movie while Noah sleeps soundly upstairs. I'm a Mom, and I'm okay with not going out to celebrate tonight - I'll likely be up at 6am anyway. Haha. 

New Year's Eve, 2012


See you all in the New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment