An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy birthday!

To my amazing, awesome, handsome, loving husband! Today, he is 25 years old. Last weekend, we (me, his best friends and his parents) threw him a surprise party. He had no idea and he was super surprised! It was a beautiful day and an awesome party with all of our friends. Paul loved it. I didn't bring a camera because I didn't want Paul to question why I was bringing a camera to a regular BBQ at his best friend's place. I will post some pictures as soon as I get my hands on some.

Tonight, I have to work late, but I'm off all weekend. We are going out for dinner with his parents on Sunday, and tomorrow we're going to have a quiet day of running errands and doing whatever Paul wants, since it's his birthday weekend.

I was incredibly tired when I woke up this morning. Paul was rushing around, saying he had to leave for work in five minutes. I was confused. After he was gone, I decided to stay awake, even though I wanted to go back to bed. I decided to make coffee, even though last time I made coffee it tasted really funny. Then I realized that we've had the coffee make since last September-ish, and I've never ran the self-clean. Wow. I cleaned it and ran it through with vinegar and water then just water, and now the coffee tastes so good again! Who would have thought?

Then, I decided to make today a productive day. After my coffee, I was more awake. I emptied the dishwasher, even though that's Paul's job. It's his birthday so I gave him the day off, haha. Then I changed the cat litter, vacuumed the basement, brought up the laundry from yesterday and did a complete cleaning of our bedroom. I feel really good about everything I got done - and it was all thanks to the coffee!

I have to leave for work in an hour, so I think I'll go relax and watch TV for a bit. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment