An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Open up your mind, and see like me.

I'm feeling a bit anxious today, and I'm not sure why. It might have to do with the fact that I sent a cake with Paul to work today, that I made yesterday. It was a two layer white cake with choclate frosting. It turned out looking pretty good, in appearance. I'm just a bit nervous as to how it will taste and look once it's cut into and all that. I've gotten pretty good at cupcakes and I don't generally doubt my abilities there. But for some reason I feel worried about the quality of the cake. Oh well, it's done now. I hope I get good feedback!

Here's the cake, as well as some recent cupcakes I've made:







Paul and I also started eating healthy and working out a few times a week, to start. We bought an Ab Lounge 2, which we've been using daily.



Yes, it lives in our living room and it's annoying huge, but if we put it downstairs we would probably hardly ever use it.

---

I'm really excited to get a much-needed haircut tomorrow morning, and then relax the rest of the weekend. We will probaby spend time with friends and do the usual errands and such. I also want to make it to the dog park this weekend so the dogs can run and play, now that the weather has cooled down a bit. I love this time of year most, even though I'm not ready for summer to be over. I love wearing jeans and hoodies and not sweating my butt off all the time.

Now I'm off to eat lunch, walk the dogs, then head to work. Happy Friday (and weekend) everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Your cupcakes always look amazing! I'm pretty sure the cake will be delicious too. Now I'm craving sweets :)

    ReplyDelete