An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Friday, September 24, 2010

In a crooked little town, I was lost and never found.

I've been a busy bee today. While I woke up exhausted, after a good seven hours of sleep, I wanted to go back to bed after Paul left for work. But I also wanted to clean the house, make muffins and make lunch all before I have to go to work at four. So, I forced myself to get moving, instead of laying down on the couch. I'm glad I did.

In the last two hours, I've cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the whole main floor of the house, made delicous Zucchini chocolate chip muffins, made Zucchini bread treats for the pups, and tided up the living room. Now I'm making lunch (veggie burger) and then I'll have a shower before I head off to work. Whew.

Last night, we went over to Paul's parents' house after work. Paul's mom ordered me a new (second) Kitchenaid Stand mixer bowl, through her work, well over a month ago. It was supposed to take one week to be in, but finally yesterday it arrived! Now I have two bowls, so I can do the cupcake batter and then the icing without having to empty and wash the bowl in between! This makes me so happy.

This weekend is going to be nice and relaxing. We don't have any plans, other than watching a movie with friends tonight, and having a bbq at Paul's parents' house either Saturday or Sunday night. I'm going to make a big fancy cake, for his mom's birthday, which was yesterday. I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment