An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'll stay here, as long as it takes.

So, first, an update. On my last post (which was, I know, too long ago), I talked about a cake a made, for an order. It was for a birthday, and Paul took it to work and gave it to the person last Friday. The party was the Saturday, and I had to wait until Tuesday to find out what they thought! Anyway, they loved the cake and even told Paul they want me to do a cake/cupcakes for their daughter's wedding/wedding shower next Spring. How exciting!

Secondly, I decided to branch out a bit from the Cupcake World this weekend. I made a couple batches of soup last weekend - Butternut Squash and Red Pepper tomatoe. They were both delicious. Today I decided to try my hand at making muffins. My first batch turned out great, and really tasty. I made Oatmeal chocolate chip. They didn't rise as much as I would have hoped, but still they were really good. Then, since we got a bunch of fruit from the market on Saturday, I made Apple Cinnamon Crumble. Paul tried one and really liked them; I'm not a big fan of apples so I didn't try one. He'll eat them for breakfast this week.

Here they are:



THEN, I went one step too far. I decided to try Mixed Berry muffins. I'm pretty sure the recipe I got online just sucked (or maybe I did something terribly wrong), but they came out horrible. They didn't rise... actually, they sunk in a bit. They are super small and chewy. Paul ate one, but I threw out the rest.

Round two of the Mixed Berry Muffins, with a new, better recipe, turned out pretty good, and really tasty.



Next time, I won't put them in the liners, because they stuck to them a bit. But otherwise I'm happy with them and I'll make them again.

No cupcakes this weekend, which is fairly strange for me. I've been baking cupcakes every weekend for months. But when I get home from work tomorrow, I'll be baking at least 80 mini cupcakes and a Red Velvet cake, so I'll be busy enough then.

ON another note, we had a super busy weekend. Yesterday (as I already mentioned) we went to the market and I got lots of fruits and veggies. Then we had some friends over for a movie in the evening. Today, we got up early and headed to a big dog party to raise money for the Humane Society. It was an off-leash area at a Water Park - the dogs got to play and swim in the wave pool. After that, we picked up lunch and headed home to get ready for our Trash the Dress photo shoot. I won't say much more than that, as the pictures will explain it all. I hope we get them back soon!

We've been home since about 7pm, and I've made dinner (veggie burger for me, chicken burger for Paul, and homemade sweet potato fries), did two loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, had a shower and gotten groceries (from across the street). I'm now exhausted and finally sitting down, for what feels like the first time today!

And, to end this already-all-over-the-place post, here are some cute pictures I just took of my pups and husband - the loves of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment