An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Friday, May 28, 2010

You've gotta swim... don't let yourself sink.

I haven't posted in awhile - not exactly sure why. I guess I feel like I don't have very much interesting things to write about these days. I like how alot of blogs have a specific purpose - fashion, food, home, kids - but mine doesn't. Maybe I'm feeling sorry for myself for not being fashionable, not being a good cook, not owning a house, and not having kids? Either way, I'm going to try to post more.

Who knows, this might even turn into a mainly baking blog soon - I've been baking something "new" every weekend, with the except of last Saturday, when I repeated (for the third or fourth time) my Oreo Cheesecake Cups. I even made my own chocolate whipping cream for the tops of them. Oh, they were delicious.



This weekend's plan is a Chocolate Swiss Roll, which I found in this book, which I purchased last weekend for $2 on the clearance rack at the bookstore in the mall:



The recipes seems pretty simple, though I've never made anything like this before, so we shall see what happens. I plan to make alot of stuff out of this dessert cookbok in the near future. Everything in it sounds amazing - and there are no pictures so I don't have to compare theirs to mine.


On another note, I got a haircut last weekend, and it's quite a bit shorter than I've had before, and I have swooping bangs that I've never had before. Here's a picture from the car ride home, after the haircut:



I love it - and although I might grow it back out in the winter, this is definitely my new summer cut!

Oh, I have a list that I'd like to keep up-to-date here:

Things I have to look forward to:

- The Humane Society Wiggle Waggle Walk a Thon - this Sunday! We have already raised about $150 in pledges!

- June 18-20, Toronto Tattoo Convention. Paul might be getting tattooed at it, and it'll be my first tattoo convention ever.

- June 25th = Spill Canvas show in Toronto (SO excited!)

- July 3-7 = Going to Paul's parents' cottage!

- July 15th = my next tattoo appointment!

- August 13-15th = Our one year wedding anniversary (already??). We are going to Niagara Falls for the wedding!


Yay Summer!

1 comment:

  1. Love your haircut! I'm seconding the "yay summer"!

    ReplyDelete