An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

As the weekend ends...

I decided to post with pictures of the amazing cupcakes I made on Thursday. The recipe was in my previous post - the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes. They turned out aweosme, though I do suggest taking a whole afternoon to make them. I started them at 2pm (knowing, I had to leave for work at 4pm) and was just barely finished them by the time I had to get ready to leave.

I started with the filling, which needed to cool in the fridge for an hour before going into the cupcakes. It was basically just butter, brown sugar sweetened condensed milk and flour (and mini chocolate chips)... basically it was cookie dough. Here it is before going in the fridge to cool:



Then I began the batter for the cupcakes, which didn't take too long but it was pretty specific. I was afraid it wasn't going to turn out right, but it did. Here they are while baking:



And then the cupcakes all baked (they kind of just looked like chocolate chip muffins):



Then I made the frosting, which was the best icing/frosting I've ever tasted. Whoever thought up that recipe is my hero. Ahh-mazing. Here it is, in the mixer bowl:



Next (after the cupcakes were cooled down), I cut out cones from the middle, and filled them with the delcious filling, like so:



Then, I used my cookie press/icing gun and put the frosting on the cupcakes - here's the finished product:



And then, finally, here's a picture of one of them cut in half, showing the whole thing, as well as the cookie dough filling:



That's all for today, as I'm still getting over this cold and it's my last night off. As much as I love having the weekends off these days, working Monday to Friday is really hard, especially since I'm so used to having at least one day off during the week (and working the weekend). Oh well, I really shouldn't be complaining. Bah, who am I kidding? I have to work at 9am tomorrow, and that sucks. :(

3 comments: