An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I love Kijiji...

... without it, I would not be complete.

Two years ago (almost), I began looking on Kijiji for Pugs. I really wanted a baby (still do, but then it was nuts how bad I had baby fever), and since the time was not right, Paul and I decided to get our very first puppy. First, we started looking at the Humane Society, but I was really dead set on a pug, and if there are ever pugs there, they are gone fast. Then I started looking on Kijiji. I probably looked every day for a month - the prices were a bit higher than what we could afford. We go to Paul's parent's cottage for a week every year, in July. That year, Paul said we could get a puppy when we got back from the cottage. We got back on a Saturday, and I was looking on Kijiji right away, and I found her! The price was right, we just had to drive to Hamilton to pick her up!

Then, about a year later, when we started thinking about moving out of the apartment, I searched Kijiji for houses to rent. Every one (including the one we are in now!) that we went to see, I found the listings on Kijiji. We also got Olivia indirectly because of the site, as well - our friends found the people who had a litter of Husky puppies and went to get one, and then told us they also had Bostons.

Back to the point of this post. Recently I realized that we needed a microwave stand/baker's rack to clear off some of the stuff cluttering the countertop in our kitchen. We don't have all that much countertop space to begin with, and having the big microwave on there was getting silly. So, we searched Walmart, Canadian Tire and Home Depot and found nothing we liked - and the one we did like was $100 - which was way more than what we wanted to spend. So, yesterday Paul decided to search Kijiji for a second-hand item, and I'm very glad he did. After work last night, we went and picked up this beauty, for the very low price of $25!



And yes, I realized already that though I was going to put items like my sandwich maker, rice cooker etc. on that middle shelf, it is now a cat house.


And here's a picture to show how nice and empty the countertop where my microwave used to live is. It used to sit where the toaster/bananas/knives are now:



I don't doubt that we will find many more awesome things from Kijiji - it really hasn't failed us yet.

----

In other news, this upcoming weekend will include us (Paul) buying his very own, brand new BBQ! He's been looking at them every time we go out, for months. He finally picked one under his price limit that I gave him ($400) and he is very excited. He always wants to get some paint to paint the garage and fix it up a bit - he gets paid on Friday and since it's the "middle of the month" payday, he will get to spend some on himself. Hey, I already got my mircowave stand and a new purse last weekend, so I can't really say much. Hehe.

Happy Wednesday - hope the rest of the week flies by for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment