An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I am flawed, but I am cleaning up so well.

I know it's Wednesday, but I still feel the need to write about the weekend and how great it was!

On Saturday, we got groceries and everything we needed for the following day's BBQ. Then I made Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes, which turned out amazingly tastely, but not so pretty to look at... haha.

Here's how mine turned out:

After I shot the filling into them.



After I dipped them in the ganache.



After I took a bite out of one of them.


Sunday was beautiful outside, so we took the dogs to the dog park (got sunburnt) and then spent the following couple of hours doing yard work. Paul cut the lawn and I did some weeding, and I also got the backyard ready for the BBQ. We were only expecting a couple of our friends to come over, but in the end there was eight people here (including Paul and I)! Paul BBQed, I made antijitios and caesar salad and we all spend the evening in the backyard.


Paul, posing with his new "toy".


I had a few too many glasses of wine, and we stayed up a couple hours too late - I had a terrible headache when I had to get up at 7:30am the next morning, for work. But it was worth it!

It's half way through the week already, and I'm hoping to get a haircut this weekend. I am *thinking* about possibly going with a new look, but I'm not sure yet. We will see. I'm open to any suggestions on a new haircut.

Happy middle-of-the-week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment