An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I see the world in a swirl of hues.

I'm back, with bigger ears and bloody pillow cases.

Okay, let me explain. On Saturday, I got my ears scallpeled. Since I was 17, I have been stretching my ear lobes. It's a body modification that is actually pretty "popular" these days. It originated in African and South American tribes and in Asia, thousands of years ago. Anyway, it took me about four or five years to stretch my ears to one inch. And I left that at one inch in size for two years, but when I decided to stretch them again it was nearly impossible. So, I decided to get them scallpeled bigger. Sure, call me crazy, but it wasn't actually all that bad. The healing, on the other hand, is very annoying and a bit painful.

It's hard to sleep, because I'm not used to sleeping on my back, and if I turn on my side my ears hurt, or bleed on my pillow case. Yep, gross. Last night I managed to figure out a position where my arm was under my head and on my pillow so my ear didn't touch anything - it worked out quite well.

Before the scallpeling, my ears looked like this:



Oh, Dominican, how I miss you.

Now, my ears look like this (1/4 inch bigger, and in the process of healing):





Sorry to gross anyone out. Haha.

Onto another topic, I was recently sent in the direction of this blog and I am in love. Her cupcakes are amazing, unique and, well, pure heaven. And this is before I've even attempted to make them yet. This week/weekend, I'm definitely attempting the Chocolate Chip cookie dough cupcakes and maybe the Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcakes, though Paul hates peanut butter. More for me? I'll post about how they turn out, because clearly I'm not as amazing as that lady. But, we'll see.

I have to go to work early today, so I think I'll go make lunch and walk the pups, then head off to work. Boo. I wish it were the weekend already. What? It's only Tuesday? Crap.

1 comment:

  1. okay so I followed the link and I am NOT that creative - soooo plan B is you make me some when you come to visit for my shag? deal. yes, I thought so! love you

    ReplyDelete