An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Friday, April 23, 2010

It's been a long time coming...

I know I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks. But, honestly, my creative writing mind has been working towards finishing the current fiction novel that I'm writing. It began as a NANO WRIMO project, that definitely didn't get finished in a month. Now it's 24 chapters long and I'm assuming it has about five left until it's done. Whew. I've only ever completed one other novel - which now needs an entire overhaul and enough editing for a year's worth of time... if I ever wanted to publish it. Which I do. But we'll start with the only I'm currently writing. Which is yet to have a title. Bah.

Well, today is my pug Ruby's 2nd birthday! We got her in July 2008 - she was only about 8 weeks old and about five pounds. Now she's a big girl (23 pounds) and beautiful! She's an amazing dog. My husband told her last night that he hopes she lives to be 50 or more, because he doesn't ever want to live without her. :) So, in honour of our pug, here's a few baby pictures:








Yes, I know, it was Olivia's 1st birthday earlier this week (Monday) and she didn't get a birthday post. Bad, Mom.

I think I should head back to my novel writing now - I can't think of anything to write here, but my head of full of what I should write for that. Plus, I have to finish the laundry and make lunch, then unload the dishwasher, print my resume, take it to a few places... and then head off to work. I better get moving.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I miss your writing - but I miss you more. and I'm glad your working on your novel <3

    ReplyDelete