An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I was so crazy about you, I didn't mind.

The sound of my snoring Pug fills my ears and the Boston is laying across my lap, also sleeping. We (they) just played out in the backyard for an hour, so they are exhausted. And I'll take this time to get some computer-time in, before I go back to my regularly scheduled programming... ie. Tuesday Chores - which includes laundry, unloading the dishwasher, vaccuuming upstairs and possibly (probably) baking some sugar cookies.

Yesterday I was pretty lazy, but I did take the dogs for a long walk and then made a big, delicious dinner for when Paul got home (homemade mac and cheese, baked potatoes and salad). Other than that, I watched TV and played Sims 3 (which I got for my birthday from my sister in law. I'm truly addicted now, just as I used to be with the first Sims as well as Sims 2. I'm such a dork - I love to make Paul and I, our friends and other random people then let them play out their lives, and just see what happens. I love building houses in the game, and stores and parks. Maybe I was an architect in another life? Seriously, though, I can't put the game on until after I'm done what I need to do for the day, because it consumes hours upon hours. It's pretty rediculous. Also, I've learned that playing it after I get home from work at midnight is a bad idea - suddenly it's 4am and I'm still wide awake. Yikes.

I don't mind having Monday and Tuesdays off - but I wish I had days off that I could spend with Paul. Sure, we have Saturdays, but those are always jam-packed with errands and plans that we don't get time for just us. Like this Saturday, we are going to our friends' house with the pups for a puppy birthday party. Both Ruby and Olivia's birthdays are next week, and one of friends' dogs birthday is next week as well. I know what you're thinking, a birthday party for dogs? But really it's just an excuse to put silly hats on them and give them treats, and let them play together.

Anyway, for my photo update, I have pictures of my very first strawberry/blueberry cheesecake, which I made this past weekend. We went out for dinner with Paul's parents, his sister and her boyfriend, then came back to our house for dessert (the cheesecake). Everyone loved it! Mmm, it was delicious.




I also made two little cupcake-size ones, because there was extra batter. I just put an Oreo for the bottom and we gave them to our friends' when they came over that evening to hang out.

Also, here's Ruby with one of her early birthday presents (which is already destroyed and in the garbage - it was good while it lasted). She loved it, took it with her on two walks and didn't let Olivia near it. Then she shredded the material, ripped out the stuffing and pulled out the squeaker. Oh, Ruby.





So not to leave her out, here's some silly pictures of Olivia. She loves to make dorky faces for the camera. Seriously. And these are all from the same day. She's such a goofball.





3 comments:

  1. I love to see pictures of you pups (and of course all your yummy food) You are a good photographer! I love how Olivia makes faces, I swear everytime I break my camera out Bentley runs and hides! Turd head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, thanks!

    What kind of dg is Bentley again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable pups!! Hope they have fun at the birthday party :)

    ReplyDelete