An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The streets are in distress - the sun suffocates me.

It's day two of my two days off in a row, which never happens. Yesterday was beautiful outside. I walked the dogs for an hour, then came back and vaccuumed downstairs, did laundry and put out the garbage. I also made a delicious dinner of homemade french fries and battered fish (for Paul), and made fresh fruit smoothies. I felt like I accomplished stuff yesterday.

Today, on the other hand... not so much. I loaded the dishwasher and turned it on. Mmm, yeah, that's about it. And it's almost 3pm. It's pouring rain outside and was thunder-ing, so the pups don't want to go outside. I'll blame them (and the rain) for my laziness today. I do plan on vaccuuming upstairs later, as well as another load of laundry, I think. Maybe then I'll feel like I did something today.

The weekend that just past was awesome. I stayed late at work on Friday (boo), but had Saturday off (yay!). Paul and I got some groceries, and headed to Old Navy to pick me up some new clothes with the gift card I got from his parents for my birthday!

I picked up this sun dress:


And a new pair of my go-to jeans, the Diva skinny leg:


And this simple tank:


(all photos borrowed from the Old Navy website, by the way)

On Saturday evening, we had our friends Cookie and Ashley over for dinner for mine and Cookie's birthdays. I made dinner (penne with alfredo sauce and fake chicken, caeser salad and garlic bread) and Ashley made us a birthday cake. No picture of the food, but the cake was amazing!







And here's a shot of Cookie and I, before we blew out the candles:



Then, after dinner, we went out to the backyard for a few minutes to check out this beautiful rainbow. I didn't get a great shot of it, but it looked awesome in real life.






I just glanced out my office window and saw the the sky is clearing up. I guess that means I should get dressed (yes, still in PJs, please don't judge me) and get started with my day - starting with a walk with the dogs. Maybe we'll see another rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment