An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's you, and your heart.

I haven't really had anything interesting to write about recently, hence my lack of posts. I'm so stuck in routine that I feel like if I wrote here every day it would be the same stuff, over and over. Boorr-ing.

It's a beautiful day outside today - I just got back in from walking the dogs for about an hour. I have been jogging every other day for an hour, as well, and last night I went indoor rock climbing with a few friends. I'd love to start climbing weekly, but my work schedule hardly allow it. Plus, the gym is in Guelph and I don't drive - which makes it more difficult. I do love climbing, though, and man are my forearms sore today.

I've been doing alot of baking, as well, which sort of contradicts my being healthy/working out, but I don't mind. I made a chocolate chip cheesecake this past weekend - I used a regular cheesecake recipe and added a bit of cocoa powder and chocolate chips, it turns out amazing. There are two pieces left, frozen, in our freezer that I am dying to eat. We promised two of our friends we'd save them each a piece.

I'm re-making the Triple Chocolate Cupcakes from my last post, this weekend for Father's Day. They were the best cupcakes I've ever had and everyone loved them, so they will make a return. I wanted to try something new, but Paul insisted we have the cupcakes again. I'm not entirely sure when I'll have time to make them, since I work tonight and tomorrow, as well as Saturday during the day. After work on Saturday I'll have to shower and change quickly, then we are running out to a Stag and Doe, then a home-coming party for a close friend. I guess I'm getting up early on Sunday to make those bad boys.

The pups are now bugging me to go outside, and how can I say no? It's sunny and warm and I think I'll go get some sun while they play in their new kiddie pool - sorta like this, from last weekend:



Happy Thursday (only two days til the weekend!)

1 comment:

  1. Aw. We've thought about buying our pups a kiddie pool. That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete