An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oh, hello, Motivation, there you are.

Something happened in my head sometime in the past two days - not sure what exactly it was but I'm glad it happened. I am completely 100% motivated to get off my ass and do something to get back in shape.

I plan on continuing to eat healthy (I am vegetarian, I always sort of eat healthy), but I'll be taking out almost all the junk food that I've been consuming over the past six months. I don't think I'll be able to cut it out completely, especially living with my husband who loves chips and snacks (who am I kidding, I love them too).

I am going to try not to eat past ten p.m., unless it's fruit or veggies. I usually eat dinner at work around eight, so after that - no food unless a very healthy snack when I get home.

As for working out - today was DAY ONE. I jogged/walked 1.7 miles (2.75 km) this morning, and then I spent another hour in the basement working out when I got back. Two hours work-out today, and I feel great. Tomorrow I am meeting a friend at her gym and if I like it I think I'll get a membership. It's an women's gym - I think I'll like it.

I'm excited. I feel very alive at this moment, and I hope it never leaves me. I sort of want to start fresh - take advantage of this one thing that I have control over, completely. I still have to go to my crappy job and I still have to wait to getaway (another month, anyway), but for now, I can do this, for myself.

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me yesterday. I really, really needed it.

1 comment:

  1. <3 so happy your feeling so great! Makes me smile to know you found that place for yourself :) love you

    ReplyDelete