An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We are young, we have years ahead - maybe, we might fall in love, fall apart.

Today I am feeling a bit down. My grandma passed away on Friday - my Mom's Mom. She was in her late 80s, but this was still sort of unexpected. My family all live about 16 hours (drive) away. It's only a 1.5 hour flight. I thought my Mom would want me to fly home for the funeral, but she said she didn't expect me to. Partly because I'm pregnant (though flying in the second trimester is okay, I think) and partly because it was pretty short notice, and expensive. But she told me today that both of my cousins that live in my area flew home for the funeral, which is tomorrow. I'm annoyed that my Mom didn't tell me she wanted me to go. I'm sad that I'm not there. I'm... hurt. And I'm really sad that I'm going to miss my last living grandparent's funeral. Not that I like funerals, or anything. But now I don't have any more grandparents. My kids will have two great-grandparents - Paul's grandpa and grandma. But I hate that they won't ever get to meet their great-grandparents on my side. Being pregnant is making my feelings right now very exagerated, too. I don't like it.

~~~

On the opposite side of the emotional spectrum - baby has been kicking/moving around tons these last couple of days. I love feeling this - it makes everything feel more real. Sometimes it feels like little flutters, sometimes it's real jabs. I am so excited for my appointment coming up on Monday - we'll be booking the 20 week ultrasound! Oh yes, we are finding out the sex of the baby in a mere couple of weeks, not to mention "seeing" the baby for the first time. This will be my first (maybe only) ultrasound. We could not be more excited.

We picked up the crib/change table/dresser combo this past weekend, because we had a raincheck for it - 50% off. We have no set it up yet (we're not that crazy!) but Paul wants to set it up after the ultrasound. Here's a picture I found online of the three pieces:



It's a very simple, neutral set. We love the "expresso" color. The nursery walls will be a light green, with yellow/green/brown accents through the room/bedding/etc.

And of course, here's my last couple "bump" pictures:

Almost 17 weeks:



Almost 18 weeks:



I don't see a big difference between the two. Though I was wearing a tighter shirt in the 17 week one. Maybe I should start only taking pictures every other week? I may or may not be addicted to take these, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment