An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cursed by my imagination.

I'm finding it hard to believe that I'm already half way through my pregnancy. It doesn't feel like that long ago when I first got that positive test, back in November. Tomorrow is my first ultrasound. We are so excited to "see" baby for the first time, make sure s/he is growing and healthy and also (if s/he co-operates) find out if it's a boy or girl.

Paul started setting up the baby furniture this past weekend. The dresser and change table are both set up now, and the crib will get set up this weekend I presume. Then all we'll need is my glider and ottoman, which we'll get after the baby shower, and then the crib mattress and bedding. All of that we will wait until after the shower -which won't be until May.

Right now my main research project is car seats. We have chosen to forgo the "infant seat" all together, and are starting out with a convertible seat. These go from 5 lbs to 20 lbs rear-facing and then up to around 50 lbs forward-facing. The one I have my eye on right now is this Britax Roundabout 55.



Our issue is that it's a big car seat, and might not fit well in our small-ish car. Of course, we may get a bigger vehicle before baby comes, but that's not for sure yet. Plus, we'll have to special order this one and it might take up ten weeks to come in. Basically that means we have to order it soon. I have finished my research or come to my final decision yet. We'll see what happens.

I'm still exhausted, pretty much all the time. I can sleep ten hours at night and still need a nap after work. I thought my energy was supposed to come back in 2nd trimester? Oh well, I don't mind. I got plenty of housework done this past weekend, finally. I no longer feel like I can't keep up with it, which is all that matters. Speaking of naps, though... I'm going to lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment