An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Little by little, bit by bit.

So, I had my ultrasound last Wednesday - and it's a boy! All is well with him as far as we know, the midwife said she would contact us if there was anything to be alarmed about. Otherwise we will just be going over the results at my next appointment, on March 7th. The ultrasound took over an hour - the first 45 mins was just the tech and me in the room, quiet, as she took all the pictures and measurments. Half way through, she had me to go empty my bladder and walk around a bit - she needed baby to change positions so she could get the rest of the measurments. Finally she called Paul in, turned the screen so we could see it and showed us our baby. He is perfect. She showed us everything - his face, hands, spine, heartbeat, legs, feet and then his "little boy parts". We had been convinced it was a girl for some reason, so we were surprised and very excited to hear he is a boy.

Here's his little profile picture:



And here's my most recent "bump" picture, at 20 week 2 days:




Tomorrow is Day 3 of me having to wake up at 7am. Thank god it's also my last day. Thursday and Friday I'll be back to my normal work shift, and getting to sleep in til 9am. Really, getting up at 7am wouldn't be so bad if I could fall asleep before midnight - but that never happens. Paul doesn't get home til around 10pm, then he has dinner and we watch some TV or a movie. I hate not really seeing him all day so I stay up as late as I can. Last night I stayed up til 12:30am, then tossed and turned all night because the baby is kicking harder now and it keeps waking me up. Don't get me wrong - I love the feeling! And once last night he was kicking so hard that I put my hand there and I felt him kick from the outside! It was amazing. I have no idea how I can love someone that I've never met, but man do I ever love him.

This weekend we *may* be going to look into getting a new vehicle. We have always wanted an SUV and now that we basically need a bigger vehice, it looks like it might be happening. The car seat that I'm looking into may be too small for our car. Plus, our car's trunk is so small, I worry about fitting the stroller and other baby/dog related items.

Next weekend is the cloth diapering seminar, which I am SO excited about. We will likely be making our first couple diaper purchases, as well. I can't wait to learn more about this - it's one of the main things I'm really passionate about, when it comes to baby.

My baby shower planning is also in the works, thanks to my awesome sister-in-law. It's going to be in May - so still pretty far away. But either way, I'm more than excited to be thinking about it, since it means my Mom and my sister will be here, as well as just having my friends and family together to celebrate our baby will be amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Thats so exciting, do you have any names picked out?

    ReplyDelete