An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

13 weeks to go!

I can hardly believe that I'm 27 weeks pregnant today. I mean, I *feel* 27 weeks pregnant, that's for sure. My belly is getting pretty big now and my feet get sore when I'm on them too long. I am almost into my third trimester, and exhaustion has hit me once again. Naps are my friend. It's just really hard to believe that we will have our baby in our arms in less than three months now. Wow.

My baby shower is in about five weeks - my mom and my sister are flying here for that weekend! I can't wait to see them and have everyone (friends, family) together to celebrate our little boy.

This means I only have about seven weeks of work left, if I make it that long. As of right now, I'm planning to work til the end of May, taking off the month of June to relax and nest and get everything ready. I wouldn't ever have thought that I'd want to take four weeks off work before the baby comes, but my job is stressful that time of year and not to mention how hot the kitchen gets. Being on my feet at eight months pregnant doesn't sound good at all. Being Canadian is really awesome - especially when it comes to health care and Maternity leave. I'm taking off a full year - it sounds insane when I say it outloud, as I've never *not* worked, since I was 14. But I know that being a mother can be (and will be for me) a full time job. After the year, I'll go back to work part-time and hopefully my mom will be living here by then so the babe won't have to go to a babysitter or daycare.

I can't wait for my mom to move here. She has work to do on her house and then of course putting it up for sale and getting it sold - but I hope it doesn't take more than a year from now for all that to happen. I don't want her to miss out on her grandchildren. She's going to be an amazing Gram.

Okay, a couple of pictures to end this post. First, my 26 week belly shot (yes, my belly button has popped out, half way):



Second, some of my "stash" of cloth diapers, so far. I have about six more than this, but these are my "new" ones that I got last weekend.



I only need to get a handful of newborn diapers, then I'll be ready to go. Well, besides the 30 or so inserts/liners that I plan on making over the next month. I am so excited about cloth diapering, it's pretty silly. Paul is on board, though hardly as excited as I am. Oh well, that's husbands for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment