An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March is going out like a lion, that's for sure.

You know what they say, "In like a lamb, out like a lion". Well, it's the second last week of March and while yesterday we had zero snow on the ground and it was feeling very spring-like (not to mention that it was the first offcial day of spring a couple days ago), last night and all day today we are getting dumped on. So far I'd say about a foot of snow and it's still coming down. The weather lady said it should stop by midnight - I'm sure by then it'll be more like two feet. I mean, it's really coming down out there. I am sort of in shock about it - it doesn't feel real. I had (as had many other people) convinced myself that spring was here, snow was gone for good. Good one Mother Nature, you got me.

It's my birthday in nine days. I can't believe I'll soon be 25. It didn't seem like a big deal when Paul turned 25 in September, but 25 now seems pretty old. It'll be my last birthday as a non-Mom. This weekend we are heading out for dinner with Paul's parents, his sister and her boyfriend. It's also Paul's Dad's birthday this week, so we are celebrating together, like usual. Next weekend, we are celebrating my birthday again with a party at our friends' place. I'm really looking forward to being around family and friends, but I do so wish my mom, brother and sister and best friends could be here to celebrate with me.

So, as of tomorrow I will be 25 weeks pregnant. Hard to believe there's only 15 weeks to go! Here's my 24 week "bump" picture:



Oh, and I've recently learned that I'm obsessed with cloth diapers. There are SO many brands and styles, and I've found many mothers who make them themselves as well. So far we have five - plus a bunch of liners. We have all pocket style right now, but I'm interested in some all-in-ones and fitted diapers as well. This is the thing I'm most excited about, I think, when it comes to baby. Diapers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment