An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And our lives will be forever changed.

Wow. Okay, so it was brought to my attention that I hadn't blogged since November. I feel horrible about this - I never meant to stop at all.

Not that it's an excuse, per se, but I've been sick, nauseous, tired and lazy for the last two months. Why, you ask? Well, because I'm pregnant! We found out back at the end of November, but only just "came out" about it on facebook, ie, everyone, yesterday. We had my second appointment with the midwife and we heard the baby's heartbeat! It definitely makes it feel more real now, and the fact that my ultrasound/when we find out the sex of the baby is only five weeks away is insane! We are so excited and have recieved so much love from family and friends, we were completely overwhelmed. This baby is going to be SO loved.

To rewind a couple of weeks... we had a great Christmas! We loved having my Mom here with us for a week, as well as my brother and his girlfriend were here for five days. New Years was good too - quiet, but still nice.

Also, I got switched to a new, way better shift at work, since telling them I am pregnant. I used to work mostly nights, 5pm to 11pm approx., sometimes until 1am. My new shift is 11am to 5pm - it's amazing. Besides the fact that the bus ride to work makes me super nauseous and I usually get sick when I first get there, I love working days! I'll hopefully be staying on this shift until I go on maternity leave, in June.

Now I'm off to get caught up on other blogs, as well as do more research on strollers and car seats. :D

3 comments:

  1. Aww. Again, SO happy for you guys! Thats awesome your work gave you a better shift. Im glad to see you are back to blogging also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you're back to blogging!
    Can't wait to read about your pregnancy journey...and of course see your cute little one :)

    ReplyDelete