An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

You're all kinds of beautiful as you end my day.

It's 1:15 am and I'm drinking coffee. I don't usually do this, but tonight I'm trying to stay up and work on my novel, since I was baking all day. Literally, I was baking cupcakes (about 85 of them, by the end of the day) all day. Of course I'd be working on my day off from work. Paul will be taking most of them to his work tomorrow, to sell. It's hard to believe that people are asking about them and are excited for the new flavour (I made Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes today). And by word of mouth, some people who haven't tried them yet and excited to choose from the three flavours (Red Velvet, Cookies and Cream, and Strawberry Shortcake). I also can't believe that we've almost made enough money to get me a new (second) stand mixer bowl, as anyone who has a stand mixer and does alot of baking knows... one bowl is not enough.

Anyway, the Red Velvets I made over the weekend were a huge success at the Girly Drink Party we had here, on Sunday.



And, of course, a picture of the new flavour, my first time baking with fruit - Strawberry Shortcake:



Also, if anyone is wondering why I don't post the recipes to the cupcakes, it's really just because I don't follow recipes exactly, ever. I am always adding or taking things out, putting in more of this or less of that. And I always make my own icing from scratch, where as alot of the recipes I use call for "One can of frosting". So, while I use recipes, I don't consider my cupcakes to be from any specific recipe.

So, yes, I'm drinking cold coffee and listening to the sounds of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 from across the room. I'm at the kitchen table and Paul is playing in the living room - that's what I get for wanting an open concept house. I should go upstairs so I can concentrate on writing, but who am I kidding? I'm blogging, anyway.

Oh, and just for good measure, here's an adorable picture (or two) of my pups.



3 comments:

  1. Love the pup pictures, and the strawberry shortcake cupcakes look unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big cupcake person, but I could totally devour some of the strawberry shortcake ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! They turned out great for a first try.

    ReplyDelete