An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Well, what can I say?

It's been another six months since I've blogged around here - I'm not sure how I keep letting time get away from me.

My baby turned one *gasp* two weeks ago, and is quickly transforming into a toddler. How did this happen? Wasn't he just born? The party was awesome and we had tons of family and friends there with us to celebrate our little man.

Here's a couple shots from the big day.

 He doesn't look impressed.

 His cake!

 Opening presents.

 Cake smash!

"I'm ONE!"

Since then, I've just been trying to enjoy him the best I can. He's growing up too fast. He runs around, gets into everything and sometimes drives me crazy... but he's so sweet and gives the best hugs in the world. He's so smart - he knows tons of words (mama, dada, dog, cat, hi, buh bye, night night, bubble, ball), he figures things out all the time and we wonder how the heck he knew that! Hearing his little voice call  me, "Mama!" or when he wants something and he points and says, "Mama?" - it's just too sweet. You just can't imagine how much you'll love your child and then every day you just love them more and more. It's unbelievable. 

I've been lucky enough to become a "stay at home Mom" as well. My maternity leave ran out and we were still unsure of what we were going to do. I did not want to go back to work and pay someone else to take care of Noah. It just didn't make sense to us. Luckily, a friend of mine who has a son Noah's age was going back to work and asked if I wanted to babysit her little guy. So far it's working out great. I'm just very grateful to be able to stay home with Noah. My husband is amazing. 

Oh, speaking of my husband... he quit smoking for Noah's first birthday! It's been over two weeks now and he's doing awesome. I knew he'd quit when he was ready and he decided to do it now, for Noah, so that he'd never remember his Daddy smoking. Our kids growing up in a smoke-free home (family) was very important to me. I'm so proud of my husband, I can't imagine how hard it probably is. 

These days, I will hopefully get my blogging time in during Noah's nap - that's right, he's already down to one nap per day. It's usually 2 hours long, though, so I can eat, clean up and still get some time on the laptop. I am hoping to be able to post at least once a week here, from now on. I'm still posting more regularly on my other blog, Cloth Diaper World.


No comments:

Post a Comment