An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rest assured, you're with a heart that's pure.

I just got home from work, a nine hour shift. I worked ten and a half hours yesterday, and eight the day before that. My feet hurt. My eyes are heavy. But at least my next paycheck will make me feel like I contribute around here. I'm, in a way, proud of myself for working so much. I mean, it's not like a had much of a choice. It was super busy all weekend and I just couldn't get away. But still. Paul works his butt off every week, working at least forty-five hours a week, and I usually only work 25 or 30. Sure, I do the housework and I walk the dogs and I make the lists and, well, I do alot. But, when it comes down to it, Paul takes care of me. And I love him for it. I am glad to have worked alot and be able to make a nice paycheck once in a while, though. I'm sure he'll appreciate it, too.

I got tattooed this past Thursday. My left sleeve is just about done now. It hurt like hell and now it's sore and swollen and yucky. But it'll be beautiful soon. Here it is the day after it got done.



I also got my haircut yesterday. I took the plunge and did something a little bit different - but I didn't go quite as far with it as I planned. I was thinking of buzzing the shorter side and having the other side long, but I chickened out and just got it cut short. I love it, anyway.



I bought a book today by a Canadian author, Lisa Gabriele. I just started reading it before work today and I think I'm going to like it. It's called The Almost Archer Sisters. I'll write some form of a review of it once I'm finished. I am happy to be reading again, as well as writing alot more than I have in a long time.

I need motivation to start looking into publishing companies. I know it's hard. I know it's expensive. I know my work needs some editing and proof-reading before hand. But I really want it. And I hope that's enough to push me into actually doing it.

I'm now to shower and get to bed - I have another two days of work before my "weekend", which is Wednesday/Thursday this week. I can't wait until it gets here, even if it means laundry, dishes, vacuuming and groceries. I like not working!

No comments:

Post a Comment