An everyday blog

by a not-so-everyday Mama.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Introducing Noah...


Our little man, a few minutes old.



Wow. So now that I’m settled into being a Mama and have a pretty good schedule down with baby Noah, I will hopefully be blogging regularly again. Noah is sleeping now (he usually sleeps between 1pm and 4pm so I should have another hour or so before he wakes) so I figured I’d try to get this written, at least. I don’t have the internet during the day during the week – long story, but Paul works from home now and needs the full extent of the internet for his job, hence I get no wireless internet for my laptop while he’s working. It’s okay though, I would much rather hang out with Noah and the pups and go out for walks than sit around on the computer anyway. But I will try and type up a post hopefully every day or every other day and then post it here in the evening when Paul’s done work.

So I’m not sure whether or not I’ll post my birth story here. It’s very personal story and I don’t really want it that open to the public. I just finished writing it (almost four weeks postpartum) today. It’s an amazing story and it still blows my mind when I think about it. Just the fact that I gave birth to my son in my living room with no drugs for pain is purely incredible, I think. I’m not trying to pat myself on the back by any means – I know some women just can’t do it that way and I totally respect that. It is just the fact that my birth plan actually happened and I was able to do it the way I wanted to. Anyway, I’ll think about whether I’ll post the actual story here. It’s long. And detailed. So we’ll see.

I’m handling being alone with Noah and the dogs all day better than I thought I would. I thought that the dogs would be crazy and I’d be locking them up in their crates all day – they are crazy sometimes but I’m able to put them outside in the yard to play and get rid of some of their energy. I’m happy to say that I rarely put them in their crates during the day – only when I need a break or I’m going out somewhere. So I’m happy about that.

My only issue right now postpartum is this whole ordeal surrounding my decision to pump milk or not. My thoughts are that I’d like to have some in the freezer in case I get sick and can’t breastfeed or in case I go out somewhere and Paul has to feed him. I really don’t plan on going anywhere without Noah for the next few months (seriously!) but we’ll see. Also, I do feel like I’m wasting quite a bit of milk throughout the day when Noah’s sleeping and I leak into the breast pads. I don’t like wasting. My issue with pumping though is that I don’t want him to get attached to the bottle and then not want to breastfeed. This really scares me! I still haven’t made up my mind about pumping – I do know that I won’t be introducing the bottle to him for at least a few more weeks, maybe more.

Other than that, I’m feeling great. Noah is such a good baby. He sleeps great, he’s on a schedule now so I’m able to get stuff done during the day like laundry, cleaning up, etc. Also, cloth diapering is going amazing. I love it. Even Paul says things like “I can’t imagine us not cloth diapering”. Love him. Even though I’m the one who does all the diaper changes and all the laundry, haha. Oh well.

Noah is waking up so I’ll end this here. I’ll definitely make it part of my daily computer time to type out a post and add some pictures. He’s growing and changing so much already. Can’t believe he’s almost a month old!

1 comment:

  1. He's so handsome. I hope you are getting settled in. When you get a chance, check out my blog. I gave you an award.

    ReplyDelete